Skip to main content
ZN_2027
New Member
March 6, 2026
Question

Why was Article ID: 414696 made private?

  • March 6, 2026
  • 9 replies
  • 450 views

Please tell me.
Until recently, the following KB article, which describes a workaround for automatic firmware upgrades after End of Streaming (EoES), was available.
However, it now displays "Access Denied."

 

Technical Tip: Disable auto-upgrade for unlicensed FortiGates
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Disable-auto-upgrade-for-unlicensed-FortiGates/ta-p/414696

 

Please tell me why it has been made private.

9 replies

funkylicious
SuperUser
SuperUser
March 6, 2026
boneyard
Valued Contributor
March 7, 2026

hadn't heard of this feature before, kinda interesting way to solve the issue of unsupported systems not getting upgraded, thank you for pointing that out.

 

i can only guess about the reason, hopefully from Fortinet will respond. you could also reach out to Fortinet support, but I kinda expect that might not be an option here.

etlweather
New Member
June 12, 2026

Anybody has a PDF or the text of those pages? Both links are restricted for some reasons. I have a link to this page in a Fortinet support ticket and can’t open it!

Anthony_E
Staff
Staff
June 12, 2026

If the article is internal it is for a  or several reasons. I can be because some sensitive informations are published and can only be seen by Fortinet Staff. 

Best Regards
Jean-Philippe_P
Staff & Editor
Staff & Editor
June 12, 2026

Hey ​@etlweather,

As Anthony said, this article has been move to internal due to sensitivy of the topic to disable auto firmwares upgrades. We do not recommend that and won’t encourage this method to our users.

Thanks for the report, though.

Jean-Philippe - Fortinet Community Team
etlweather
New Member
June 13, 2026

So your tech support give me a link and I can’t open it, how does that make sense?

etlweather
New Member
June 13, 2026

Don’t bother replying, I don’t actually care and solved the issue I needed to resolve.

Anthony_E
Staff
Staff
June 15, 2026

It never bothers me to help and I am glad you could solve the problem.

Have a nice day.

 

Anthony

Best Regards
Yurisk
SuperUser
SuperUser
June 15, 2026

I don’t think they (Fortinet) are trying to remove the knowledge about this topic (would be useless - once it is on Internet, it is there forever) - just specific articles for some reason.

The procedure to cancel/delay the forced upgrade is in the documentation https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.11/administration-guide/320693/required-firmware-upgrades-for-fortigate-appliances-with-invalid-support-contracts-or-that-have-reached-eoes 

And if you ask Google/AI Search on how to cancel upgrade, it will give you step by step procedure. 

 

Also there is another identical article still available on the topic (as of 15.06.2026) I sent you in a message the link to it.

HTH

 

yurisk.info - all things Fortinet blog, no ads
Thought Leadership. Security Summit. Thursday, November 12th, PGA National Resort, Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
Thought Leadership. Security Summit. Thursday, October 8th. Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & SPA, Anaheim, CA.