Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mumbles202
New Contributor II

Enable Advanced Routing

How do I enable Advanced routing on a FortiWifi 30D PoE?  I don't seem to have the option on the status page.  The unit is running 5.2.3 670.  I need to delete the default static route and add another route pointing to a vpn.  

4 REPLIES 4
neonbit
Valued Contributor

From memory the FG30D only allows you to configure advanced routing by default when you goto 5.2 because it's GUI is in 'lite' mode.

There is a command to disable lite mode and enable the full gui which will allow you to configure the advanced routes from the gui:

config system global set gui-lite disable end

mumbles202
New Contributor II

Thanks. I thought I did it correctly from the CLI but for some reason it doesn't appear to be routing properly so wantdd to check gui. Is there a way to delete the dhcp learned route from the cli so I use a route to a vpn tunnel as the default? I went into cli and edited the wan interface to set the AD to 20 and the priority to 5. Left the tunnel route as 1 and 1.
Sylvia

You can disable the checkbox "Retrieve default gateway from server" in the DHCP client settings of your interface. But I am pretty sure, you do not want to do this.

If you disable the default gateway to your ISP, your Fortigate cannot get to the remote gateway of your vpn for ike negotiation...

Not sure if I understood your situation, but in your case I would add a static route with the destination of your remote vpn gateway and the device of your wan interface (gateway remains 0.0.0.0) and make sure that both default gateways have the same distance but the default gateway for the vpn should have a better priority.

mumbles202
New Contributor II

So I added this:

set gui-dhcp-advanced enable set gui-dynamic-routing enable

and that added the field I was looking for.  Still having a slight issue, not sure if its the hub configuration or the spoke.  I mirrored the configuration of another site on the hub side so I believe that is correct, just not able to pass internet traffic from the spoke once I make the tunnel the preferred route.  

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors