Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Team-IT
New Contributor II

Issue with FORTINET Webfilter

Hi there,

some of my users are seeing this message, while others are totally accessing the page without issues. Once i restart the firewall (7.4.3) ALL users/ips are able to access the page without issues - so it's nothing related to a wrong policy (policy has NO IP-Filter but SSL Inspcection and VIP forwarding). I can reproduce it to happen again when changing the "SSL" certificate of the rule and changing it back:

Screenshot 2024-05-23 184433.png

Based on the log only SOME IP's (random and every time others) are affected:

Screenshot 2024-05-23 184350.png

Any hints on that how it can be solved without restarting? Where should i start to dig in deeper?

Side Fact:

PUBLIC IP -> VIP -> RULE 9 -> INTERNAL IP

the internal IP has in invalid certifacte - right domain, but no longer valid certificate; so sometimes this invalid certificate is used; sometimes the certificate in the fortigate ssl/ssh inspection category from "Protecting SSL Server" is used. After a reboot the invalid certificate is always ignored and the page loads for everybody.

Thanks...

2 REPLIES 2
AnthonyH
Staff
Staff

Hello Team-IT,

If you are using deep inspection for the VIP, I believe in the ssl/ssh inspection profile you are using in the firewall policy (rule 9) needs have the server certificate.

Here is an example:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Recommended-configuration-for-HTTPS-Virtua...

Technical Support Engineer,
Anthony.
Team-IT
New Contributor II

Rule 9 was the only place where i had the right certificate(s), cause there was no place on the "Virtual IP" where i can put it. I rebuild now from "Virtual IP" to "Virtual Server" and see if this is more "stable"

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors