Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
michael_chan
New Contributor

Fortinet Client VPN v7.2.3.0522 cannot access remote file server

Hi Community,
I have an user on Mac Book Air OS 14.3 with Forticlient VPN v7.2.3.0522. The issue is, the VPN will connect with IP-Sec however cannot ping or access a remote file server.
Interestingly the same user with an old Windows 10 Pro laptop with the same credentials can connect on VPN, and can access the remote file server that is mapped as a network drive.
Both the VPN clients on Mac and Windows laptop have identical configurations.
Does anyone have similar issue on the Mac that cannot access a remote file server?

12 REPLIES 12
Bueller
New Contributor

Did you find a solution to this? 

I have a similar issue with MacOS 14.5.  Cannot use RDP across the tunnel from MacOS.  Using the same VPN account going to the same office workstation via RDP works just fine under Windows but not with MacOS.  MacOS can resolve DNS just fine, but even using the IP doesn't work.

michael_chan

Hi Blueller,

I have not got a solution to our Mac issue yet, still hoping for the community to assist.

Bacelar
New Contributor

Hello, I hope you are well.

Firstly, it would be worth inspecting your policies involving the vpn->lan about which destinations are assigned to it, check whether both network bands are accessible for this purpose, as according to the report that only one of the bands delivered is able to ping , the destination must have the two desired lanes.

Security Analyst
Security Analyst
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors