Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
brizio71
New Contributor

Fortigate 80E move DHCP configuration from Hardware Switch to 802.3ad Aggregare Ports

Hello,

On a Fortigate 80E I have Hardware switch LAN with 8 phisical interface configure with DHCP server, I would like to create a 802.3ad Aggregare Ports using 3 interface and move the DHCP server configuration with all reservation on this new configuration.

Is it possible ?

thx

4 REPLIES 4
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Of course you can. Just need to remove three ports from the hard-switch (probably named "internal"). Then configure them in an aggregate interface as members.

Toshi

brizio71

Mybe I didnt explain myself, I already have 8 interface configured on hardware switch as LAN and other 3 interface on 802.3ad aggregate mode; I would like move DHCP server configuration (Ip address, reservations) from hardware switch interfaces to 802.3ad aggregate interfaces. 

thx

Toshi_Esumi

No easy way. But you need to remove existing IPs, DHCP server config, and all references including policies. Then set the IP at the agg-interface then build up all you removed.

If you're very familiar and confident with CLI and how the entire config file consists of, you can download the entire config into a text file (without password encryption) then modify/swap the config, names, etc. to construct the new config with the agg-interface, and then upload/restore the config file.

You can easily break the config ununderstandable to the system and it might halt the operation. If that happens, you need to get in/interrupt  into the boot menu, flush/reformat the boot drive, reload the image, then upload the previously worked and saved config to recover the original state.

Toshi

tdrake2406
New Contributor II

I think the easiest way to accomplish this would be to disable the aggregate then build everything on the aggregate then on go live date disable your current connection and enable aggregate.  You will also need to go to config system global in cli and set allow subnet overlap enable

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors