Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
efernandes
New Contributor III

FortiSwitch Configuration Download Decrypted

I am trying to get the Decrypted configuration file of my standalone 124F fortiswitch so that we can use it as a base template for other production switches by changing the ip address. 
I don't know if this is stupid but I tried to restore a blank switch use a .txt file of the configuration but it failed. I could only restore using a .conf file from the switch which was encrypted.
I am trying to get a base template with all the VLANs configured, just the IP address needs to be changed for future deployment of switches.

3 REPLIES 3
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @efernandes ,

I think there is no option to get backup files without encryption. 

But you can get the configuration from cli (show full-configuration) and change the IP address of the switch after that paste it to a new device via CLI. I know this way is not the easiest way but I think I think this is the only option for that.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
efernandes
New Contributor III

yeah that was the backup plan, but was trying to replicate what we did with Cisco switches, by using ftp to copy over clear text .conf files to mass deploy switches with same configs but different IPs.
Thank you for the assistance

Toshi_Esumi

I would recommend you use just "show" instead of "show full" to have the base config to copy&paste from. Show-full includes everything that particular version of FortiSiwtchOS sets by default, which might change per version. You want to configure a new box "as less as possible".

Toshi

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors