Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
verOOnly
New Contributor

second IP Address for Outgoing VIP Address

Hi All,

i'm having issue in setup my second IP address to my VIP address.

So, i have server that i want incoming and outgoing IP Public Address is using different IP Address from my fortigate.

The incoming is working but outgoing still using my fortigate ip public, please help. thank you.. 

3 REPLIES 3
marchand
New Contributor III

A solution to your problem would be to use 2 network interfaces in your server .On one of the interfaces you will receive traffic from your VIP interface and the second interface set as default gateway for your server .

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

That's what I would not do. No need for it.

OP, what is the policy(s) that allows the outgoing traffic? Your probably using ip nat enable and egress SNAT. If you want that host to send traffic with the same VIP ext-ip, just build a IP nat pool and enable NAT in the related policy and select that nat-pool.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
verOOnly
New Contributor

emnoc wrote:

That's what I would not do. No need for it.

OP, what is the policy(s) that allows the outgoing traffic? Your probably using ip nat enable and egress SNAT. If you want that host to send traffic with the same VIP ext-ip, just build a IP nat pool and enable NAT in the related policy and select that nat-pool.

Ken Felix

I did but still not working.

my policy is like this :

Incoming Interface : any

Outgoing Interface : InternetPool Source : Address Name (Addresses)  Destination : All Schedule : always Service : ALL NAT : Enabled IP Pool Configuration : Using Dynamic IP Pool (is OverLoad or One-to-One) and ARP Replay is Enabled

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors