Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Alfonziino
New Contributor

Change IP address in Central Management Settings

Hello everyone, 

the FortiManager has 2 IP addresses and the FortiGate is authorized to IP 1 in the Security Fabric/Fabric Connectors/Central Management Settings but I need to change the authorization to IP 2. How do I do this?

If I use: 

config sys central
set type none
end

config sys central
set type fortimanager
set fmg x.x.x.x
end

I remove the FortiGate from FortiManager and i have to remap the interfaces right? Is there an easier way?

Thank you 

1 Solution
smkml
Staff
Staff

Hi @Alfonziino ,

Here are the steps to do this:

In FGT:
config sys central
set fmg "new IP"
end

Since the FGT already recognize the FMG SN, it can just reclaim the connection from FMG

In FMG:
exe fgfm reclaim-dev-tunnel

There will be no configuration lost for this steps, but the best practice is always perform a backup on both devices.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
fricci_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi @Alfonziino ,

The procedure you want to use seems correct (you could skip the first part anyway).

The following article can be helpful:
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Pointing-the-FortiGate-to-a-new-FortiManag...

Best regards,

---
If you have found a useful article or a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
Alfonziino
New Contributor

If I use the command:

config sys central
set type fortimanager
set fmg "new IP"
end

will I not lose the interface and configuration and the FortiGate will be authorized to the new IP address of the FortiManager? I'm a bit afraid of losing the configuration :( 

Thx 

fricci_FTNT

You should not lose the FortiGate config on the FortiManager. On the FMG you can also retrieve the FGT config as soon as you have made the change.
Worst case scenario you could delete/re-authorise the FGT from the FMG.

Best regards,

---
If you have found a useful article or a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
smkml
Staff
Staff

Hi @Alfonziino ,

Here are the steps to do this:

In FGT:
config sys central
set fmg "new IP"
end

Since the FGT already recognize the FMG SN, it can just reclaim the connection from FMG

In FMG:
exe fgfm reclaim-dev-tunnel

There will be no configuration lost for this steps, but the best practice is always perform a backup on both devices.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors