Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
GarethWest
New Contributor

VPN Interface' s not available for Zone

I' m trying to add all of our site to site interface VPN' s to a Zone, allowing us to create a couple of simple policies, rather than 2 each. But the VPN' s do not appear as available interfaces under the Zone configuration. These are New VPN' s with no references. We have a FortiGate 110C on MR3 Patch3. We have 22 remote sites, so any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Paul_Dean
Contributor

Hi Gareth, the VPN interface won' t appear in the list of available interfaces for the Zone if there are parts of the configuration that reference it. You need to delete things like firewall policies you may have created in order to then add the VPN interface to the Zone. There are some exceptions to this such as static routes. Paul
NSE4
NSE4
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Address references and DHCP servers count too. All these need to be removed before you can move it into a zone.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
GarethWest
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply Paul. I have only setup Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the Interface (WAN1) VPN' s, so they' re not referenced anywhere. It even states that under Interfaces. But I have a Zone which only 2 show, seems very strange. Thanks.
GarethWest
New Contributor

I have looked into this and found in the documentation for MR3 Patch3 the below: 159005 Zone member interfaces may not be listed correctly. So I will update to Patch 4 tonight and post an update. Thanks
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

I' d rather update to v4.00 MR3 patch 5 as it fixes a lot of other bugs.
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors