Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
LEO08
New Contributor

Serparate WAN ports

We are using a Fortigate 60D in our work place. The 60D is used as our UTM/core router and is using one WAN link to provide internet access. The company plans to add a second firm in the current location. The new firm will have a separate internet connection for its users. The plan is to setup 2 VLANS, one for the current business and the second for the new firm and create my policies according to business’s needs. My question is can(and how) I setup the fortigate to route internet traffic out separate WAN interfaces according to the VLANs being used?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
neonbit
Valued Contributor

This can be done with policy based routes. You can create a policy based route so everything from business-vlan goes out of WAN1 and everything from newfirm-vlan goes out of WAN2.

This is configured under Network > Policy Routes and would look something like this:

MikePruett
Valued Contributor

Here is a good link to read about Policy Based Routing

http://docs.fortinet.com/...ced%20Routing%2052.pdf

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
ede_pfau

IMHO a cleaner way with less maintenance in the future would be to enable VDOMs on the FGT and assign one to each firm. That's exactly why there are VDOMs. Completly separate policies, default routes etc.

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
tinyadmin
New Contributor III

ede_pfau wrote:

IMHO a cleaner way with less maintenance in the future would be to enable VDOMs on the FGT and assign one to each firm. That's exactly why there are VDOMs. Completly separate policies, default routes etc.

I fully agree Ede!

KISS (keep it small and simple) is a second vdom

Regards

Tiny Admin

MikePruett

tinyadmin wrote:

ede_pfau wrote:

I fully agree Ede!

KISS (keep it small and simple) is a second vdom

Regards

Tiny Admin

I always tell myself to KISS (Keep it simple stupid) :p

I think I'm going to adopt your way.

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors