Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
YtseJam
New Contributor III

FGT_40C Hardware Problem?

Hi guys,

I just wanna ask help how to reset my fortigate 40C. It boot failed when I console it, then when I tried to format the boot device and load a new firmware via tftp it doesn't work.. Anyone can diagnose what's the problem, is it already a hardware failure/problem? I attached boot logs as reference... Thank you in advance...

Regards,

JAM

6 REPLIES 6
MikePruett
Valued Contributor

It looks like you need to format and load an image via TFTP.

That being said, the 40C is ancient. Get you a newer device that isn't way beyond EOL and enjoy.

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
YtseJam
New Contributor III

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

anyway, I already load a new image via tftp (see attached screenshot error). Its my first time to see that error, I already load tons of fortigate image via tftp and it works fine.. 

Yeah your right, 40C I think face out already.. but recently we renew a 2 years license. Is it possible to get a new device then use/transfer our current license?

foo
New Contributor

Hi,

Did you perform a HQIP (Hardware Quick Inspection Package)-test? According to <http://wiki.diagnose.fortinet.com/index.php/Running_an_HQIP_(Hardware_Quick_Inspection_Package)_test... HQIP supports the FG-40C.

Regards,

Peter

Iescudero
Contributor II

Hello YtseJam!

I think it could be the nic port 5 (I'm not sure if this affect only port 5 or the entire internal ports).

You already tried to load the Firmware using another port? maybe wan1 or wan2 ports.

MikePruett

Run a full HQIP just for testing purposes and see if any of the hardware comes back as failing.

In regards to migrating a service contract to a newer device you could probably work with your rep's to see about a trade in or up program that would take various things like that into consideration. No promises but sometimes they are willing to work with organizations for that very reason.

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
YtseJam
New Contributor III

hi guys,

Just to update you about my problem, I attached the logs here.

I can upload now a new firmware via tftp and also I perform HQIP as what foo mention, but sadly there's an error. Please see attached files. Thanks for the help guys.

I already created RMA ticket.. 'coz I think flash storage was already damaged.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors