Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
flodnar31
New Contributor

Fortigate 60C connects to Cisco ASA as remote access VPN Client

Hi Guys

Can you give me a hand on this. I'm going to configure Fortigate (FortiWiFi 60C) to act as a remote-access VPN Client to Cisco ASA. How can I accomplish this. I'm new at Configuring Fortinet. Also we need to build Two Remote-access to 2 different locations. The first RA-VPN will pass to the WAN1 interface and the other RA-VPN will pass to the WAN2 interface. Please see topology below.

******  REMOTE-ACCESS VPN********

[FortiWifi 60C] WAN1------------[DSL Modem]-------->(((   INTERNET   )))-------------> [Cisco ASA 5520 BRANCH1]

WAN2----------------- [DSL Modem]-------->(((   INTERNET   )))-------------> [Cisco ASA 5520 BRANCH2]

*fortiwifi WAN1 and WAN2 Interfaces is connected  to only 1 DSL Modem going to the internet     

Thanks in advance... :)

4 REPLIES 4
MikePruett
Valued Contributor

I would personally just build two IPSec tunnels.....on each WAN connection. (1 to each branch) and then let them provide fail over for one another. Either way, IPSec between the sites should be easy enough and reliable.

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
ede_pfau

Some obstacles ahead:

- if you have control over the ASA's setup, configure site-to-site VPNs

- if not, on the FGT create "dial-up" VPNs, simulating a FortiClient.

Depending on the firmware version on the FGT, the VPN wizards will help you. The key point here is that IIRC Cisco provides the VPN settings for clients when they connect, called "mode-config". You'll have to get that into the config, via CLI if needed.

Dual WAN: this will depend on your routes. There should only be one default route, or one with higher priority. I'm sure you'll find plenty of examples here in the forums, or on Fortinet's site cookbook.fortinet.com .

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
flodnar31

Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible to have same Phase 2 for the separate IPSEC Tunnel for both WAN1 and WAN2.

e.g.

WAN1 = Local1 ----------> to Branch1

WAN2 = Local1 ----------> to Branch2

flodnar31

Is there a way that I can make the two VPN simultaneous, they are UP at the same time. If possible can you help me with the steps?.. Tnx

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors