Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SecurityPlus
Contributor II

FortiGate Managed FortiSwitch - How To Filter For Ports That Are Down

I bet that I am missing an simple solution. Via the FortiGate, I would like to filter for ports that are Down on one or more managed FortiSwitch's using the WiFi & Switch Controller / FortiSwitch Ports page. The column Port displays the port number and the up/down status. I see that I can use the funnel to filter by port number. Can we filter by up/down status instead? If not here, is there another way to accomplish this?

1 Solution
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

There is no separate column for the port status in the GUI since the status is shown on port color change. One quick way to do it from GUI it will be the "Negotiated Speed" that should always have a value if the port is up and running:

nspe.PNG

from the CLI you can use this command and filter the output:

GW # diagnose switch-controller switch-info port-stats S108xxx | grep "protocol is up"
Port(port1) is HW Admin up, SW Admin up, line protocol is up
Port(port2) is HW Admin up, SW Admin up, line protocol is up
Port(port4) is HW Admin up, SW Admin up, line protocol is up

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

There is no separate column for the port status in the GUI since the status is shown on port color change. One quick way to do it from GUI it will be the "Negotiated Speed" that should always have a value if the port is up and running:

nspe.PNG

from the CLI you can use this command and filter the output:

GW # diagnose switch-controller switch-info port-stats S108xxx | grep "protocol is up"
Port(port1) is HW Admin up, SW Admin up, line protocol is up
Port(port2) is HW Admin up, SW Admin up, line protocol is up
Port(port4) is HW Admin up, SW Admin up, line protocol is up

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
SecurityPlus

Thank you!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors