Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ThePro
New Contributor III

FortiClient (Client Options)

When creating a FortiClient IPsec VPN you have a tab with Keep Alive, Always up, etc. Once the initial configuration is finished is there any screen I can go to to change these settings or do I have to start from scratch?

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

You must be talking about IPSec Wizard on FortiGate side, not FortiClient side. You first need to convert the tunnel template from "Dialup - FortiClient" to "Custom" by going IPsec Tunnels menu, selecting the profile you created, hitting Edit button at the top, then hitting "Convert to Custom Tunnel" button.

"Keep Alive" part is under Network section: DPD (Dead Peer Detection). By default when you chose "keep alive" in wizard it seems to choose "on-demand". But if you want to literally keep the tunnel up "on-idle" is the option. Read the description at online help at the bottom:

http://help.fortinet.com/fos50hlp/54/Content/FortiOS/fortigate-whats-new-54/FeatureCatalog-ipsec.htm

If you don't want to, you can disable it instead.

ThePro
New Contributor III

Yes, Im talking about the IPSec VPN Wizard on the FortiGate. Im looking to toggle Auto-Connect & Always Up AFTER the Wizard has already been run to setup the VPN. If it cant be done then I will just delete and re-create.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors