Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bl1k00
New Contributor II

FortiClient Vpn Error Any one know Solution

I have installed Forticlient on Debian 12 But it shows the error. Then i installed it on ubuntu 22.04 but it also shows same error. On windows and android vpn client works fine but does working on linux any one knows the solution

Failed to connect to vpn tunnel please try again

Details Error Error invoking remote method keytar.deletePassword error unknown or unsupported transport for address disabled

7.2ss3_edit_117337076970114.png

FortiClient @support 

1 Solution
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @bl1k00 ,

I think this error is related to gnome-keyring. Can you try to install gnome-keyring as in the document mentioned? 

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.4.0/administration-guide/41299/forticlient-linux-cl...

To configure gnome-keyring:
Install gnome-keyring:
sudo apt install gnome-keyring

Initialize and unlock the login keyring:
killall gnome-keyring-daemon

echo -n “your-login-password" | gnome-keyring-daemon --unlock

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
2 REPLIES 2
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @bl1k00 ,

I think this error is related to gnome-keyring. Can you try to install gnome-keyring as in the document mentioned? 

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.4.0/administration-guide/41299/forticlient-linux-cl...

To configure gnome-keyring:
Install gnome-keyring:
sudo apt install gnome-keyring

Initialize and unlock the login keyring:
killall gnome-keyring-daemon

echo -n “your-login-password" | gnome-keyring-daemon --unlock

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
bl1k00
New Contributor II

When try to enter this commands with same login password it shows me error 

The gnome-keyring control directory is not owned with the same credentials as the user login: /run/user/1000/keyring

GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL=/run/user/1000/keyring-4WM502

SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/run/user/1000/keyring-4WM502/ssh

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors