Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jack_Gerbs
New Contributor

Captive Portal No Authentication

I’d like to create a Captive Portal and have the user check the agreement box, but not have to provide any credentials to accomplish connect. When I create the captive portal it requires me to enter a user group, and each user in the group is required to have a password. I am running several different versions on different units ranging from 4.3P11 to 5.0P3 60Ds to 200Bs. Thanks for your help in advance...
CISSP, FCNSP 4.0
CISSP, FCNSP 4.0
2 REPLIES 2
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

I don' t use FGT for my wireless, but I had the same issue. The way my vendor rolled out the solution was to change the HTML page with a hidden field that forced the login credentials in with just a visible ' Accept' button along with the acceptable use policy. There should be a similar solution here.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Some time ago I discovered this: you can enable a Disclaimer Page in the policy ' wlan' ->' wan' like this:
 config firewall policy
     edit 42
         set srcintf " internal" 
         set dstintf " some_VPN_tunnel" 
             set srcaddr " BEDV_LAN"              
             set dstaddr " all"              
         set action accept
         set utm-status enable
         set disclaimer enable
         set schedule " always" 
         set service " ANY"              
         set av-profile " scan" 
         set profile-protocol-options " scan" 
         set logtraffic enable
     next
 end

The Disclaimer option is meant to be used with Identity Based policies but does work without it as well.
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors