Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Dipen
New Contributor III

Block all Streaming Media

I need to block all streaming audio/video. No only Youtube but streaming media needs to be blocked in News Websites as well like BBC, CNN, etc. Blocking FortiGuard category " Streaming Media" does not prevent streaming in News Websites. How to block all Audio/Video Streaming in FortiGate ver 4.0 MR3

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5

Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5 Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D
5 REPLIES 5
Fullmoon
Contributor III

did you try this settings under app control? (see the attached file)

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Dipen
New Contributor III

Wanted to achieve the same using Web Filtering Only without going for " Application control" .

pcraponi
Contributor II

App.Control block the traffic on L7 (regardless of source/website). Webfiltering are a " human" based categorization. So, the best way will using App.Control.

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

By URL alone, how do you know the difference between a Youtube search and a Youtube stream? Application control analyzes the actual packets giving you more control over content than URL filtering alone (similar to AV).

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Dipen
New Contributor III

Thanks one and all.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors