Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dovdank
New Contributor

fortigate 60 vpn authentication failure after resetting admin password

hi all,

Have an old Fortigate 60 (not even 60A or 60B just 60) that i recently came across at work. The unit wasn't handled by me till now and i have no one to consult with about it's definitions and settings. the unit has a very old OS (i think it wasn't updated since it was bought and everything worked alright till now-as far as i can tell).

i did an admin password reset and all came fine after this procedure- i saw policies, users and so on when i connected via WEB to the unit.

How can i know what is the VPN external port is used to connect via VPN for users? i think that the login screen when using HTTPS:// ip-address:443 is the admin login..

tryed port 10443 and no connection over the internet to the user's VPN login screen.

When trying from within the internal network to use the same IP-Address:10443 i am successful in conneting to the user VPN login screen but can not login to the VPN- Get Permission error message.

Tryed creating a new local user, added it to the VPN user group, checked the policy to see whether it incuded the VPN user group and it did.

where does one configure the external vpn port for users and how is it that it is not enabled when trying to connect outside/on the internet? tryed going to VPN->SSL->config and there is no port settings..

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

hi,

that depends on the FortiOS version. Please post the version and build #.

Then you can get the Admin Guide on docs.fortinet.com (I think...) for that version to learn about the procedure.

As far as I remember you set the SSLVPN port in System > Admin > Settings. For the SSL to function you need 2 policies: WAN -> internal, action 'SSL' and SSL.ROOT -> internal, action 'accept'. This is just from memory. You really need the Handbook.

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Not sure how much mileage you'll get. The old 'Green Screen' menus are different than what's in the cookbook. The concepts are the same though.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors