Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mirza_Asad2723
New Contributor II

SSLVPN is not establishing through the primary ISP via FortiClient.

Dear Concern,

In the FortiClient application, I have defined 2 remote gateways, but the connection is not being established with the first one, only with the second one. This happens only when I manually replace the first remote gateway with the second one in FortiClient. It used to work with both, but now it suddenly stopped working with the first one for an unknown reason. When I try to connect to the first one, it stays at 0% and doesn't give any error. As soon as I set the second remote gateway as the first one, it connects immediately.

Both WAN IPs are responding to ping. In the FortiGate Firewall VPN settings, both WAN interfaces are selected in the listen interface. So, how should I troubleshoot to find out what the issue is and how can I resolve it?

Can anyone help me to resolve the issue

15 REPLIES 15
Mirza_Asad2723

@Vedaant 

Yes, I have already checked. Both WAN routes are active.

Mirza_Asad2723

@Vedaant 

Yes, I already checked. Both routes are active.

kamadoki
New Contributor

And I forgot to mention that my supervisor also noted she has the same issue when she tries to use her personal wi-fi, yet if she uses the public xfinity wifi in her complex, shes able to connect https://tutuapp.uno/ .

arahman
Staff
Staff

can you please check if you are able to ping the wan1 ip and also make sure the forticlient setting are properly configured like the port number  and if possible perform the pcap on the PC to see if the packet are leaving the PC when using the wan1 IP. Thanks

Vedaant
Staff
Staff

Hello @Mirza_Asad2723 , 

can you verify if the traffic is coming to the firewall of first remote gateway with the help of sniffer. 

di sniffer packet any "host x.x.x.x and host y.y.y.y.y and port sslvpn-port" 4 0 l 
x.x.x.x ---remote gateway IP 
y.y.y.y ----public IP address of user trying to connect on ssl vpn 

VinayHM
Staff
Staff

@Mirza_Asad2723 

Please check forticlient logs as well to isolate the issue.

Regards,

Vinay HM
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the ā€œNominate to Knowledge Baseā€ button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors