Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MattyG2787
New Contributor

SSH Bulk config

Hey Everyone, 

I'm in the process of migrating from 200D to a 300E and need to move vdom by vdom.

Unfortunatley, we already have the 300 in production as well as the 200 meaning I can't do much down time.

I've built the vdom and all interfaces but now I'm trying to copy/paste the config across. I've updated the config cli to ensure it has the right details in there. 

My issue is that I'm trying to copy and paste the entire config (apprx 6000 lines) into putty and it starts dropping sections of the config out of it after about 100 lines. I've seen this before pushing CLI configs to smaller firewalls except via console (where it throttles down to 9600 baud)

Really hoping there's something I'm overlooking but don't really want to push this sized configs manually again.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

You do not want todo that, bulk paste is disastrous. What I would do is just copy the cfg down and add the relevant address  address-groups and policy in and restore.

Might be easier and quicker , also if you do your home work on src/dst-interfaces  between the 2 models. You mind need to used unix-sed or  find+replace but it would be easier in the long run.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
MattyG2787

Thanks for the response- I've updated my new config to allow for interface changes etc.

My issue is more around that being a production firewall, I can't reboot it during anything closely resembling normal hours.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

You do not want todo that, bulk paste is disastrous. What I would do is just copy the cfg down and add the relevant address  address-groups and policy in and restore.

Might be easier and quicker , also if you do your home work on src/dst-interfaces  between the 2 models. You mind need to used unix-sed or  find+replace but it would be easier in the long run.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors