Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
doodleface
New Contributor

IPSec VPN Routing issue error msg=no route

I have what I believe to be a straight forward interface mode IPsec tunnel setup between two fortigates running 4.0 MR3 patch 18. The settings have been confirmed to be matching on each side and the remote IP's are correct. The static routes are added and are correct and the firewall policies are added on either side and are correct. The tunnel comes up but it does not pass traffic. When I run the following debug trace command I get the below messages when attempting to ping across the VPN tunnel. I don't understand why it is trying to route to the public IP of the remote firewall when trying to traverse the VPN tunnel and I don't know how a route could not exist since the Tunnel to that same Public IP is clearly up

_FW # diagnose debug enable

_FW # diagnose debug flow show console enable show trace messages on console

_FW # diagnose debug flow filter add 192.168.34.1

_FW # diagnose debug flow trace start 100

id=36871 trace_id=30 msg="vd-root received a packet(proto=1, 192.168.0.1:7680->192.168.34.1:8) from local." id=36871 trace_id=30 msg="Find an existing session, id-01b58c79, original direction" id=36871 trace_id=30 msg="enter IPsec interface-vpnmap_21" id=36871 trace_id=30 msg="no route to <Public IP of Remote Firewall>, drop"

Thank you for your help, I am stumped on this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
localhost
Contributor III

Had the exact same issue today with 4.0 build 665 MR3 Patch 14.

After upgrade to >= 5.0 the problem was gone.

rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

How were the tunnels built? By hand or using a wizard? Just a curiosity question.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
localhost

They were handcrafted with love. :)

They worked before, just made following changes:

- underlying interface from WAN2 to WAN1 (PPPoE)

- IKEv1 to IKEv2

- disabled NAT traversal

After the firmware upgrade and no config changes, tunnels were able to pass traffic.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors