Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AndreaDV
New Contributor

How to create 1 Wan with 2 Lan Trunk

Hi i've a Forti 60F,

i've to create manage 2 WAN for the customer.

The first WAN have an internal LAN where NAT is enable, and I have no problems with this network.

The second WAN have an unique cable but Is a trunk of 2 LAN, with 2 different gateway. 

In the lan side of the 60F i've to configure both lan and direct, with 2 different gateways, always to the same outgoing wan port 2. How is it resolved? By making internal VLANs?   

Thanks

1 Solution
ebilcari

The first option will do it, it will create "subinterfaces" on the physical interface (wan2) that you can connect on a switchport that sends tagged VLAN traffic with ID 433 and 443.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
AndreaDV
New Contributor

Wan 1 is natted and used in a dedicated lan of customer, wan 2 only to access to the two vlans. 

no redundancy or communication between networks is needed, they are two distinct networks, one serves wan1 while the other relies on two vlans

sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

BTW: if you create the two vlan interfaces on WAN2 with correct vid and each has an ip out of the corresponding vlan you don't need static routes because in this case there is connected routes coming with those interfaces. In that case only the other side would need to have a route back to you to be able to answer your requests.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
AndreaDV
New Contributor

ok thanks, I'll try it as soon as possible, for now I've configured them like this

aa.jpg

sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

yes that's what I said. Two vlan interfaces tied to WAN2 and both have an IP out of the corresponding VLAN. 

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors