Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
piacas
New Contributor III

Geo Blocking

Is it possible to geo block in fortimail?? I looked but couldn't really find anything.

Any help would appreciated.

Dave

5 REPLIES 5
Carl_Windsor_FTNT

Geo blocking is not yet supported but it is roadmapped for a future release.  Drop an email to your account team to make sure you get added to the feature supporters.

Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

johnc
New Contributor

I have ours behind a fortigate and use that to geo block.  Not a resolution for Fortimail but hopefully helpful as an idea until available.

terry_jjr

geoblocking as in TLD?  Or geoblocking as in source country code for IP ranges?

We geo block on the fortigate which block all known ip ranges for a source country.

But what if you also want to block emails from a country TLD that routes from another country?

johnc

Like you I am just blocking IP's by country code, though it does drop thousands of connections a day so definitely worth having.  I am looking forward to a full feature in Fortimail to properly handle this.

Carl_Windsor_FTNT

Good news is that Geo Blocking will be supported natively in FortiMail 6.2 which is due for release in the next 2 weeks.

I will post the full features list to the forum in the next few days.

Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors