Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Fortigate 60 - Lost all Config except Ip?? Known Issue??

Hi All, I' ve had some weird and wonderful errors with the FG 60. I' ve had two of them so far resetting the config back to default on two different client sites, but the system still keeps the static but loses the rest of the config. Very Weird. Obviously i' ve fixed the intial problem within minutes just by restoring the configuration back on, but required an onsite visit to do so. --- They are both on a UPS so protected from Power Surges/Spikes. They' re both on 2.8. Anyone any ideas???
10 REPLIES 10
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

if that situation repeats: . backup everything . reboot and re-format flash . re-install firmware (same version) using a tftp server . restore configuration Yes, it require another online visit to do that smoothly

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Not applicable

Abelio - Is it a known problem? TMX - I know exactly what you mean, we use them for many of our customers, but found the FG 60 prone to issues. Cheers for your input ;)
abelio

Abelio - Is it a known problem?
I saw these problems on boxes used for labs, demos, etc where we' ve go up and down firmwares several times, bad plugged off (with no shutdown), etc. After re-formatting and fresh installed firmware, everything worked as expected.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Not applicable

Yup i' ve had that happen countless times.. at work and home.. They are all affected as they are all pieces of crap. Im so sick of these fortigates, bugs and more bugs.. Im going to sell this thing soon and never get fortigate again
Chris_Alberry
New Contributor II

We' ve also seen this before but not since 3.0 MR3 patch9. Also reinstall the image via serial CLI and TFTP as I think that helped us stop this.

Chris

Chris
Not applicable

Nah, it still does it. Ive formatted the CF card many times over with same end results.
isptools
New Contributor II

we had a simmilar problem with a customer that uses a 60. But at this site, there was two problems: first the power (no UPS, -> but the CEO had a new porsche) the 60 was to small (first installed witch a 512 KBit SDSL running last with a 5 Mbit SDSL).
Michael Killermann ISP-TOOLS GmbH Kohlenhofstrasse 60 -D 90443 Nuernberg - Germany Fortinet Certified Network & Security Professional #FCP1001
Michael Killermann ISP-TOOLS GmbH Kohlenhofstrasse 60 -D 90443 Nuernberg - Germany Fortinet Certified Network & Security Professional #FCP1001
vanc
New Contributor II

CF card may go wrong as it has limited write cycles. If reformatting doesn' t do the work, you have to replace the CF card to avoid mysterious problems.
isptools
New Contributor II

from the Fortinet-Standpoit: and you lost your waranty (original from an support-gui as i try to get an partly defect fg60 to work in the middle of nowhere with no backup and only an new one in the " pocket" ..). From the technical standpoint: yes Michael
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors