Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

FortiGate 60 Web filter URL Filter Maximum number of entries

I have a FortiGate 60 router. I upgraded to FortiOS 3.00 and I' m trying to create URL filters. Right now I have 2 filters. One with 12 URLs and the other with 1 URL. I want to create more filters, but when I click on create it gives me the following error: " Maximum number of entries has been reached." Does anybody know why is this? When I try to add another filter through the CLI it returns the following error: Command fail. Return code -361 Thnks Javier Loffredo
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable

anyone?
abelio

here you' ve a clue: http://kc.forticare.com/default.asp?id=2067

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Not applicable

Hi abelio, Is there any workaround for filtering function to use it for more ip groups ? We' ve 10 working groups in our office and every group has different white url list. Any clue? Gokalp
abelio

Hello, If you can' t define 10 Lists (not ' entries' , i want to say " lists" ) try to generate exceptions using ' overrides' (very useful feature); another approach is defining those 10 whitelists as 10 group firewall addresses and set appropiate firewall policies for each ip group with those address group as " destination address" ; I' m sure that there' re more ideas to solve your needs.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Not applicable

First thanks for the recommendations. I also try to solve the problem with destination ip grup sets but today no web page serves only from one source ip. Let' s say www.cnn.com or a similar news site has 10 - 20 different source ip' s o a given web page. As you said from the link i can' t create more than 4 lists which is odd since we have a fortigate 300a. Going from 4 lists to 25000 lists between fg200 to fg800 is very funny. Thanks indeed Gokalp File pattern lists per device * FortiGate Model 200 and below: 2 * FortiGate Model 200+ to 800: 4 * FortiGate Model 800+ to 3000: 25,000
abelio

First thanks for the recommendations. I also try to solve the problem with destination ip grup sets but today no web page serves only from one source ip. Let' s say www.cnn.com or a similar news site has 10 - 20 different source ip' s o a given web page.
define www.cnn.com as FQDN; it will takes care of that (assuming that you run the last fortios 3.0 versions)
As you said from the link i can' t create more than 4 lists which is odd since we have a fortigate 300a. Going from 4 lists to 25000 lists between fg200 to fg800 is very funny.
well, it' s an advance over 2.80 firmware.. (just one list) anyway, many Lists is an approach to manage a lot of users/ groups; 60 models are considered by Fortinet as soho/robo; I think that you could manage your needs working with destination addresses groups without set up an external proxy

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Not applicable

Thank you Abelio. Infact this is a method that i avoided before. I can definitely go with that. Regards Gokalp
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors