Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
iluntasun
New Contributor

Forticlient in Windows 10

Hello, I am testing Windows 10, but I can't seem to be able to connect to our FortiNet.

Forticlient gets stuch at 98% for a while, then disconnects. I have tried all solutions that worked for me in the past when I had the same problem in Windows 8.1, to no avail.

Is this being worked on?

Thanks,

Tanausu

1 Solution
kolawale_FTNT

The upcoming FortiClient 5.2.4 release supports Windows 10. Both IPsec VPN and SSL VPN work correctly.

FortiClient 5.4.0 Beta 3 should also support Windows 10.

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
dlaureys
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue that the ssl connection on the forticlient does not work.

If I check the debug logs I get flooded with the following messages:

9/23/2015 8:25:41 AM Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: 6832: [tunnel_loop_read_socket] wait for socket event 9/23/2015 8:25:41 AM Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: 6832: wait for socket event timeout, try to do a read 9/23/2015 8:25:41 AM Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: 6832: [SSL-IN] buf size = 65540, ptr = 0, space = 65540 9/23/2015 8:25:41 AM Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: 6832: [SSL-IN] len = -1 9/23/2015 8:25:41 AM Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: 6832: poll_recv_ssl -> SSL_ERROR_WANT_READ 9/23/2015 8:25:41 AM Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: 6832: poll_recv_ssl return 0 bytes, read after timeout 9/23/2015 8:25:41 AM Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: 6832: [tunnel_loop_read_socket] wait for socket event 9/23/2015 8:25:41 AM Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: 6832: wait for socket event timeout, try to do a read 9/23/2015 8:25:41 AM Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: 6832: [SSL-IN] buf size = 65540, ptr = 0, space = 65540 9/23/2015 8:25:41 AM Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: 6832: [SSL-IN] len = -1 9/23/2015 8:25:41 AM Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: 6832: poll_recv_ssl -> SSL_ERROR_WANT_READ 9/23/2015 8:25:41 AM Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: 6832: poll_recv_ssl return 0 bytes, read after timeout 9/23/2015 8:25:41 AM Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: 6832: [tunnel_loop_read_socket] wait for socket event 9/23/2015 8:25:41 AM Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: 6832: wait for socket event timeout, try to do a read 9/23/2015 8:25:41 AM Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: 6832: [SSL-IN] buf size = 65540, ptr = 0, space = 65540 9/23/2015 8:25:41 AM Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: 6832: [SSL-IN] len = -1 9/23/2015 8:25:41 AM Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: 6832: poll_recv_ssl -> SSL_ERROR_WANT_READ 9/23/2015 8:25:41 AM Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: 6832: poll_recv_ssl return 0 bytes, read after timeout

Allwyn_Mascarenhas
Contributor

iluntasun wrote:

Hello, I am testing Windows 10, but I can't seem to be able to connect to our FortiNet.

Forticlient gets stuch at 98% for a while, then disconnects. I have tried all solutions that worked for me in the past when I had the same problem in Windows 8.1, to no avail.

Is this being worked on?

Thanks,

Tanausu

I solved this exact same issue by disabling ipv6 from the LAN adapter and re-installing forticlient. Maybe reinstalling didn't exactly do anything so just try firstly by just disabling ipv6 by unticking the box in LAN properties.

bvanhaastrecht

We have the exact same thing. SSL VPN traffic not working on Windows 10. The solution above did not fixed it for us. What we notice it that there are no mac-addresses learned on the fortissl interface. Same client 5.2.4.0650 works fine with SSL VPN on other OS'ses.

Fortinet, is it a known issue by now? Whats eta on the fix? Beta perhaps?

stuarto

I dont think Fortinet is listening :( 

This problem doesnt seem to have a solution so they are playing ostrich and burying their head in the sand 

jonny
New Contributor

I am trying to change the dns setting inside fortissl to have a static dns however when you hit properties it wont open to change it.

Any idea how i can change it

carlosr
New Contributor

Well, it seems that problem has not yet been solved after so many months since this threat was opened and thousands of new computers running Windows 10 have been sold to corporations, who really need this to be fixed. Very estrange behavior of Fortinet.

I have repeated almost twice the following event succession:

1) Install ForticlientOnlineInstaler, currently installing 5.4.0.07800 version, only VPN connection.

2) Create  the vpn connection

3) Now I can successfully start the vpn connection an unlimited number of attempts (9).

4) I restart the computer and I’m still able to connect several times

5) 2nd restart and game over. Nothing beyond 98%

What the hell is changed after the 2nd restart?

You just uninstall Forticlient, restart your computer, install it again and you will get over the same sequence.

Is it that difficult for Fortinet to troubleshot this?

mimmopasticcio

carlosr wrote:

Well, it seems that problem has not yet been solved after so many months since this threat was opened and thousands of new computers running Windows 10 have been sold to corporations, who really need this to be fixed. Very estrange behavior of Fortinet.

I have repeated almost twice the following event succession:

1) Install ForticlientOnlineInstaler, currently installing 5.4.0.07800 version, only VPN connection.

2) Create  the vpn connection

3) Now I can successfully start the vpn connection an unlimited number of attempts (9).

4) I restart the computer and I’m still able to connect several times

5) 2nd restart and game over. Nothing beyond 98%

What the hell is changed after the 2nd restart?

You just uninstall Forticlient, restart your computer, install it again and you will get over the same sequence.

Is it that difficult for Fortinet to troubleshot this?

Exactly same issue, please Help!!!!

Simon_Haslam

Another user here with the same issue 

I'm running the latest FortiClient 5.4.0.0780, including endpoint security, on Windows 10 (fully up to date). My VPN connection worked a few times a week ago but is now failing at 98% (at which point it switches back to the login panel). I do have exactly the same version running successfully within a Windows 7 VM running on the same PC so am sure it's related to FortiClient on Windows 10 and not the other end VPN device, network or such.

I don't know whether if I de/reinstall this will fix the problem but haven't time to try that right now.

I know some vendors focussed on enterprises (not just Fortinet - I'd include Cisco and others) assume that clients will be running a very limited set of Windows versions (typically XP or 7) but I do think things are changing with Windows 10 - it's very stable out of the box and MS is pushing hard for people to upgrade.

kolawale_FTNT

For anyone who may have tried an interim build of FortiClient, your feedback may help others.

If you have not tried a recent interim build of FortiClient, you may contact Fortinet Support to obtain an installer.

sahins

I'm having the same problem and I'm really having big trouble becuase I have many customers that I use forticlient to connect to.. I've been using this more than a year and it worked perfectly until last week. We also use fortinet router in our network when i'm out of office I connect to our network using forticlient too. now none of the vpn works. not customers not my office :( 

FC version is 5.4.0.0780 running on Windows 10

Here how it looks :

and after this no traffic between remote network and my computer :( I'll go crazy in few hours because this killed my work-days since last week. Now I will have to go to customer's office to work for 5 minutes of tasks....

Please FORTINET help now ! what's going on with your tools ?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors