Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
iluntasun
New Contributor

Forticlient in Windows 10

Hello, I am testing Windows 10, but I can't seem to be able to connect to our FortiNet.

Forticlient gets stuch at 98% for a while, then disconnects. I have tried all solutions that worked for me in the past when I had the same problem in Windows 8.1, to no avail.

Is this being worked on?

Thanks,

Tanausu

1 Solution
kolawale_FTNT

The upcoming FortiClient 5.2.4 release supports Windows 10. Both IPsec VPN and SSL VPN work correctly.

FortiClient 5.4.0 Beta 3 should also support Windows 10.

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
Chris_Lin_FTNT

Yes, it's work in progress. It will be fixed before Windows 10 release.

liquid

Hello,

as Win10 is not far from production: Is there any progress on forticlient support for Win10?

Is there any Alpha/Beta available?

Chris.Lin wrote:

Yes, it's work in progress. It will be fixed before Windows 10 release.

stuarto

Really ???? - doesnt seem to be fixed - this is over a year later 

where can I find documentation on this problem or any workarounds?

ttsoldier
New Contributor

Good day all,

I am not able to get Forticlient to install on Windows 10. I'm currently using Build 10061. I even tried it on previous builds and it just keeps rolling back the installation and saying that it ended prematurely.

What I've tried:

Disabling Windows Firewall

Disabling Windows Defender

Running setup in Windows 8 compatibility Mode

Running setup as administrator.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Chris_Lin_FTNT

In build 10041, installation was OK. But in later build 10049, it failed to install, because somehow Windows removed the support for NDIS5.

ttsoldier
New Contributor

Oh :(

Do you know if it works in build 10074? Have not tried that build as yet.

brock

I'm running 10074, and I cant get it installed.

ttsoldier wrote:

Oh :(

Do you know if it works in build 10074? Have not tried that build as yet.

Scott_R
New Contributor

I know Win10 is pre-release and I choose to use it anyway, so I'm not complaining, but it would be nice if there were some sort of patch at least for the VPN Only installation to make it work on later Win10 builds. The later builds are significantly better (more stable) but I can't upgrade past 10041 because I must have a VPN connection to work.

Any updates on when that might happen? I'm happy to test a beta build for you! :)

GTNman
New Contributor

I too, would love to test a beta build of Forticlient for Windows 10.  [strike]Does the 5.4 beta 1 support Windows 10?[/strike]

I can confirm Forticlient 5.4 beta 1 does not install under Windows 10.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors