Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
iluntasun
New Contributor

Forticlient in Windows 10

Hello, I am testing Windows 10, but I can't seem to be able to connect to our FortiNet.

Forticlient gets stuch at 98% for a while, then disconnects. I have tried all solutions that worked for me in the past when I had the same problem in Windows 8.1, to no avail.

Is this being worked on?

Thanks,

Tanausu

1 Solution
kolawale_FTNT

The upcoming FortiClient 5.2.4 release supports Windows 10. Both IPsec VPN and SSL VPN work correctly.

FortiClient 5.4.0 Beta 3 should also support Windows 10.

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
brock
New Contributor

I can confirm Forticlient Online installer will install in Windows 10 latest build 10112, previous builds it wouldn't finish the install.

[strike]But running the application it tells me to wait while drivers are installed [/strike]

Update: Although everytime I reboot the computer it tells me Forticlient has just finished installing it's drivers and needs a reboot, i can confirm the VPN connects and traffic is flowing.

ttsoldier
New Contributor

I'm on build 10130. Does not install :(

gkathens
New Contributor

I'm on build 10134.Forticlient does not install  [&o] !

All versions of Forticlient  from 4xx to 5xx does not install!!

I have tried to many H/Y with different specs ALL versions(exempt build win 10 "10074") when you trying to install the forticlient you going to a loop on every restart for trying to install a vpn driver.... and wants again to reboot..and again and  again...

If you have already installed the fortient and you update from win7 or win8 to go WINDOWS 10 (does not  matter) the drivers remove as  magic yours local net drivers or WiFi adapter with out any connection at  all..  (i thing something going wrong with dhcps and drivers of forti client.

Sorry for my long post (and maybe for my bad English)

Regards

George

Mattbaldwin
New Contributor

I found this post let me install FortiClient on build 10130:

http://hereliesjason.com/installing-the-fortigate-ssl-vpn-client-on-windows-10-build-10074/

Basically install SSL VPN Client, then install full FortiClient.

maxim
New Contributor

Now Windows 10 is officially released, PLEASE fix the client (not connecting to remote IPSEC gateway)!

This is vital program for business in my laptop.

kolawale_FTNT

The upcoming FortiClient 5.2.4 release supports Windows 10. Both IPsec VPN and SSL VPN work correctly.

FortiClient 5.4.0 Beta 3 should also support Windows 10.

fabiolourenzi
New Contributor

FortiClient 5.2.4 released.. I'm testing on my Windows 10 now..  What’s New in FortiClient (Windows) 5.2.4 

The following is a list of new features in FortiClient (Windows) 5.2.4.

Windows 10 Support

OpenSSL Library

Quarantine Endpoint from FortiGate

Fábio Lourenzi

maxim
New Contributor

Yes it working now (may need temporally disable Windows Defender for first update/run).

stuberman
New Contributor

I just upgraded from Windows 7 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit, then removed Forticlient 5.2.3 and installed 5.2.4 and everything is working well.

FGT-60E; FGT-90D; FGT-100E; FGT-600D; FGT-1000D; FGT-3000D; FGT-VM on Azure

FAZ-3000D; FWB-VM on Azure; FAZ on Azure; FAC-VM

FGT-60E; FGT-90D; FGT-100E; FGT-600D; FGT-1000D; FGT-3000D; FGT-VM on Azure FAZ-3000D; FWB-VM on Azure; FAZ on Azure; FAC-VM
stuarto

Hey Stuart

where did you get the 5.2.4 version from - I have installed and uninstalled as many versions as I can find - hoping against hope that one of them will work with no result 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors