Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Brian_T
New Contributor

Forticlient causing issues with HTTP

After installing Forticlient we are unable to run our Landesk Inventory Management scan or access our Kyocera Network printers/ Both of these apps use port 80. Network traces of the traffic show 2 way traffic but it apps still shows failures. Also discovered issues with GOTOMEETING. It will take up to 5 times to connect to an on-line meeting session. DOes not matter whether you access these apps through the VPN tunnel or wired to our corporate network with the Forticlient in the background.. Uninstall Forticlient and everything works. Have tried disabling the Web Filter and Firewall to no avail. I have a ticket open on this but we have no answers yet. Please let me know if you have anything to add.
20 REPLIES 20
Not applicable

Same issue here.. version 4.1.2.0138 x86. Transformed MSI FCRepackager.exe -m c:\Forticlient4.1.2.0138\custom\forticlient.msi -i VPN -c NONE -w 0 -u 0 -z 1 Only installing the VPN/IPSEC portion. And we have only built this for Windows 7 support. Once installed all traffic except HTTP traffic works fine (no tunnel up). I can ping, do nslookup, Outlook.. you just can' t open any websites. Shutdown the Forticlient and everything works fine. Same results on two seperate systems.
Not applicable

Ihave a similar issue also. I have Vista sp2 and forticlient version 4.1.2.0138. Once installed only the VPN/IPSEC, all traffic except HTTP traffic works fine (no tunnel up) but I can' t open any websites. Oly after shutdown the forticlient everything works. I tryed to reinstall the old 4.0 but nothing ! Please some help...
Sarx
New Contributor

I have had a similar issue also. Once upgraded to 4.1.2.0138 our internal java webapplications are all crashing. Ive tried disabling every type of FC object. made countless rules and the only way to fix it is with the fortishield reg fix. but that disables services. Hopefully 4.1.3 will fix it. im not wanting to roll back to 4.0
firewalls firewalls everywhere
firewalls firewalls everywhere
Brian_T
New Contributor

SO Fortinet, you have 4 people with serious issues. WHat are you doing about it? I have a ticket opened and no one is doing anything on tha either. Somebody please start taking this seriously.
Brian_T
New Contributor

Here is a kicker you will all enjoy. Perhaps you can verify this for me. After installing Forticlient I can no longer list and download firmware images from the Fortinet Site
Brian_T

This particular issue with the Fortinet Site seems to be a browser issue, not related to the Client. The HTTP issues with the client however have still not been addressed.
Not applicable

I have a similar issue using FortiClient Free 4.1.2 on Windows 7 64 bit. HTTPS traffic works fine, but normal HTTP traffic does not work. Please advise on how to resolve this is absolutely blocking me and my colleagues from working. We' re actually thinking about migrating VPN clients if the problem persists.
AKrause
Contributor

I guess it' s the FortiProxy. Stop FortiClient and set registry key to 0 HKLM\Software\Fortinet\FortiClient\FA_FortiProxy\enabled ->0 best regards, Andreas
Not applicable

I can' t write to registry on HKLM\Software\Fortinet\FortiClient\FA_FortiProxy\enabled ->0 ... I jiust stopped forticlient ...Is there some other process ? I' m running it on VISTA 32 SP2. Regards Maurizio
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors