Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Anand_Narayana
Contributor

How to view Pre-shared Key

Hi, I have setup a site-to-site vpn between 2 FG. I wanted to view the pre-shared key of the vpn tunnel. Is there any way to view that similar to cisco pix/asa?

Anand

Anand
6 REPLIES 6
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Not that I know of. Not even in the config file. Wouldn' t make sense anyway. What about this option with Cisco - wouldn' t they see this as a massive security breach?
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Anand_Narayana
Contributor

In Cisco, there is no way to view the pre-shared using the config file, but can be viewed by typing " more:system run" command in CLI through which the pre-shared key can be viewed. Similarly just wanting to know that in FG. Reason to know this is my x-colleague has created several tunnels on the FG & he has updated me only few of the pre-shared keyz the rest he doesn' t have any clues as what the keys might be.

Anand

Anand
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

you cant view the preshared key, but you can copy them,

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
Anand_Narayana

How to copy then?

Anand

Anand
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

If you forgot the PSK, just recreate them on the FG. Cisco gives you the luxury to more the PSK out starting with PIX/ASA code 6.5 and higher and the keys are in plaintext if you should copy the config thru tftp.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Just copy the hashes from the config file, strings starting with " ENC" . That is, from a config file which itself is un-encrypted = plain text.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors