Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ELXA
New Contributor

FortiClient always loses the connection a few minutes after connecting for the first time

Hi folks,
I have a small but annoying problem with FortiClient.
Every day when I connect to the VPN for the first time I get kicked after a few minutes. At first I thought it was a problem with the internet connection, but I ran a ping and WireShark, WireShark shows no errors and the ping has 0% packet loss. 

I then reset my network under Windows and finally reinstalled the entire OS - unfortunately without success.

The strange thing is that this only happens the first time I connect, if I get kicked off and then connect, the connection lasts the whole day without any problems!

The FortiClient log file shows the following message:

error sslvpn FortiSslvpn: 1540: error: WSAEnumNetworkEvents FD_CLOSE (10053)
info sslvpn FortiSslvpn: 3132: Ras: connection to fortissl terminated

I'm using FortiClient v7.0.5.0238.

I'm curious if anyone here has ever had the same problem.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Dhruvin_patel

Greetings!

I have seen a similar issue where the connection stuck at 98 percent. 

error sslvpn FortiSslvpn: 1540: error: WSAEnumNetworkEvents FD_CLOSE (10053)
info sslvpn FortiSslvpn: 3132: Ras: connection to fortissl terminated

Would you try with this version: 7.0.11:0470, 7.2.5:1454, 7.4.0:2259, and check if the issue is fixed? 

Otherwise, as a workaround, disable the dtls,

At Fortigate side
config vpn ssl settings
set dtls-tunnel disable
end

Regards!

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

Dhruvin Patel
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @ELXA,

Please refer to this article for more information about the error message: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiClient/Technical-Tip-Interpreting-WSAGetLastError-in-FortiCli...

Do you have any other VPN client software installed? If yes, try uninstalling it. 

Regards, 

cheehong1030

Hi @hbac 

I encountered the same issue. Previously, I had installed another VPN (OpenVPN) but have since uninstalled it. I am not sure if it corrupted the registry.

AnthonyH
Staff
Staff

Hello cheehong1030,

You could try installing the Forticlient on a different device such as your phone to determine if it is a device related issue.

Technical Support Engineer,
Anthony.
cheehong1030

Hello @AnthonyH 

It seems that only this laptop is getting this error. I checked the log and found the following:
error: WSAEnumNetworkEvents FD_CLOSE (10053)
The connection automatically disconnects 30 seconds after successfully connecting.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors