Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jack_floor
New Contributor

FortiClient 7.0.0.0022 cannot connect to the public network

Hi, I am using FortiClient version 7.0.0.0022. When I used its ssl_vpn feature, it caused my Macbook(macOS Ventura 13.2) to access only the corporate Intranet, but not the public network. And I can immediately restore access to the public network by disconnecting the vpn connection.
I used the terminal tool to perform the ping test of 8.8.8.8. It can be connected when the vpn is not connected, but cannot be connected when the vpn is connected.

ping 8.8.8.8
PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8): 56 data bytes
Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
Request timeout for icmp_seq 1

When I downgraded to version 6.2.3.707, I was able to access the public network while connected to a vpn, but this version was automatically disconnected.
Please let me know how to solve FortiClient 7.0.0.0022 can not access the Internet problem.
Thanks a million!

5 REPLIES 5
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Jack,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Jack,

I have found this forum discussion:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Support-Forum/Network-Error-when-connecting-to-VPN-from-Mac/m-p/23...

Could you please tell me if it helped?

Regards,

jack_floor

Glad to receive your reply, I read the post in the link.

The solution you're talking about, is gfleming talking about connecting to a vpn with an IP address? But here's the link model I'm using:

Remote gateway: IP address

Custom port

User name + password

Authentication: Save the login name.

gfleming

At first it sounds like a problem on the Fortigate firewall itself and not being configured properly to allow internet access from the VPN Client.

But if it worked on 6.4 then I would suggest you try the latest version of 7.0 to ensure it's not a bug. Please try upgrading from FortiClient 7.0.0 to 7.0.7 (latest 7.0 release) and see if it helps.

Cheers,
Graham
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @gfleming,

Could you please maybe help Jack with his request?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors