Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Icebun
New Contributor III

Forticlient EMS - Licensing Query

I currently use EMS cloud on around 225 seats.

Got some issues with my renewal as my reseller has provided the Contract Registration Code for On-Premise licenses which are not compatible.

Don' t suppose anyone knows what the correct Part Number is?

That aside and in addition to this, I seem to have been provided a Contract Registration Code for FortiCloud Premium Subscription.

Does anyone know what this is for? Do I need it as a pre-requisite as Customer Services reckon EMS cloud works independently and this is not needed.

We only ever use the VPN components with the rest disabled in any case.

Any advice would be grateful.

5 REPLIES 5
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Icebun,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Icebun,

I have found this documentation:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.0.0/licensing-guide/158419/licensing-forticlient-em...

Could you please tell me if it helps?

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Icebun
New Contributor III

Thanks Anthony,

This is helpful.

I managed to get the correct product code from Customer Services in the end.

Only outstanding query relates to FortiCloud Premium Subscription. Is this a necessary dependency with purchasing EMS cloud licenses?

gfleming

No, it is not. It's only needed for FortiSOAR Cloud and FortiSandbox Cloud.

See page 4 on data sheet: https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/FortiCloud.pdf

Cheers,
Graham
Debbie_FTNT

I believe the Premium subscription used to be a requirement for FortiAnalyzer/FortiManager Cloud, but this was later dropped - perhaps it was a requirement for EMS cloud at one point as well?

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors