Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
OE_Felix
New Contributor

Firewall address not resolving in policy

Hi Guys,

I have a little problem with one of my IPv4 Policy's.

I've added a new FQDN address like "Computer.mydomain.local". After a few seconds, I can see the resolved IP address in the "Addresses" view.

I added my new FQDN address to a new policy and waited a few minutes. In the IPv4 Policy view, it shows me the error message: "This policy has the following issues: -It is using unresolved FQDN(s)." But the addresses view still shows the resolved IP address.

Do you have any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I couldn't find any similar topics about this. I'm on Firmware 5.4.4

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

1 Solution
reczi
New Contributor

Hi Felix, I had a similar error. There was an address that could be resolved after I added the local address "Computer.mydomain.local" to Category in Security profiles->Web Rating Overrides, but it does not work for all addresses. Steve

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tooleyj
New Contributor

I am having this same issue with docs.google.com.  Every diagnostic command I have found to check dns resolution shows that it is properly resolving, but the policy gives a "using unresolved FQDNs" error.

reczi
New Contributor

Hi Felix, I had a similar error. There was an address that could be resolved after I added the local address "Computer.mydomain.local" to Category in Security profiles->Web Rating Overrides, but it does not work for all addresses. Steve
josh
New Contributor

reczi wrote:
I had a similar error. There was an address that could be resolved after I added the local address "Computer.mydomain.local" to Category in Security profiles->Web Rating Overrides, but it does not work for all addresses.

I also had a similar error. It appears addting a web-rating override fixes it. Very strange behaviour.

OE_Felix
New Contributor

I recently upgraded to 5.4.5. Since that, I have no more problems with the FQDN's in the policys.

Can you guys confirm this?

Edit: just to clearify: It still show's the error message in the policy view. But if you try to use the policy for example

PC1 ping PC2. It will work just fine.

skim
New Contributor

I had on a FortiGate 200D v5.4.6,build1165 (GA) the same error, the policy was working and after aprox. 15 minutes the error was gone.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors