Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pfc
New Contributor

FGT60D: Firmware naming convention question

Hi all, i' m new to the Fortigate Firmware naming convention, and currently i am totally lost. Logged in to the Fortigate-Supportaccount, in the firmware section it states newest release: 5.0.7 Build 3608 Latest 5.0 Patch Release Released 9 April 2014 I have a FGT60D here, the WebGUI states Firmware Version: v5.0,build0252 (GA Patch 5) (Details: FGT60D-5.00-build252) Checking the Upgrade Path: http://docs-legacy.fortinet.com/fgt/FortiOS-Upgradepath.pdf I assume i have currently running " 5.0 Patch 5" . In Order to have the newest image for a FGT60D, it would be this image to download: FGT_60D-v500-build4459-FORTINET.out I did the upgrade through WebGUI and as a result i have: GUI: v5.0,build4459 (GA) (Details: FGT60D-5.00-build271). This means, concerning to the UpgradePath .pdf, i have now " 5.0 Patch 6" . Here my question: Is the naming convention really this streange? Different bulid numbers for the same firmwareimage resulting in a Patch level??? What is the definite image criteria running on a box? (Patchlevel or build number) I downloaded the latest " .out-File" from the Folder 5.0.7 on the Fortinet FTP, but i get 5.0.6 afterwards? Is this correct? Thanks a lot in advance. I saw this, too, but not the same issue here, right? https://forum.fortinet.com/FindPost/107829

3 REPLIES 3
ShrewLWD
Contributor

Hi PFC, You have arrived on the firmware scene during a very rare but critical time, that required an out-of-band firmware update. What you see is 100% correct...5.0.7 is technically 5.0.6.0000001, it literally just fixes heartbleed. So, to get it out to everyone easy visually, they numbered it 5.0.7, and, to make a change to the internal build, they used an absurdly high number knowing they would never build a full release that high. So, your box is running 5.0.6 with heartbleed fix.
rastt
New Contributor

Hi have the same issue: WEB GUI: Status:v5.0,build4459 (GA) but in my Details:FGT90D-5.00-build271 I opened a ticket for it.... Why? In my Forticloud subscription it tells me that i' m 2 upgrades behind!! Forticloud:V5.0.0, build 271 Update to V5.0.7, build 3608 ( Released on 14-04-10 ) Update to V5.0.6, build 271 ( Released on 14-01-29 ) So this doesn' t fly for me, i' m up to date with my boxes and i don' t like to get the message that i still need to upgrade through my Forticloud management console. Thanks for letting me share the info.
pfc
New Contributor

Thanks ShrewLWD for clearing that up! @rastt, i assume this is also the reason why forticloud is kinda mixed up, because of the heartbleed hotfix at short notice.(?)
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors