Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lmel
New Contributor

Dynamic NAT

Hey

I have almost 200 users behind this configuration on a CISCO ASA with DYNAMIC NAT.

We have a new FORTIGATE 200 to replace CISCO ASA.

How can i configure on the FORTIGATE  this DYNAMIC NAT ?

EXAMPLE:

interface GigabitEthernet0/0
description Interface OUTSIDE
no nameif
security-level 0
no ip address
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0.20
description Interface OUTSIDE
vlan 88
nameif outside
security-level 0
ip address 1.1.1.198 255.255.255.252

nat (inside,outside) source dynamic any og_global_outside-1 destination static obj-13.3.84.94 obj-13.3.84.94
nat (inside,outside) source dynamic any og_global_outside-1 destination static obj-13.8.35.5 obj-13.8.35.5
nat (inside,outside) source dynamic any og_global_outside-1 destination static obj-93.64.0.6 obj-93.64.0.6
nat (inside,outside) source dynamic any og_global_outside-1 destination static obj-95.45.46.69 obj-95.45.46.69
nat (inside,outside) source dynamic obj-172.18.0.0 interface
nat (inside,outside) source dynamic obj-172.18.9.0 interface
nat (inside,outside) source dynamic obj-172.18.13.0 interface
nat (inside,outside) source dynamic obj-172.18.16.0 interface
nat (inside,outside) source dynamic obj-172.18.19.0 interface

route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 1.1.1.197

3 REPLIES 3
parteeksharma

Dear Imel,
As I understood from the post description, you are looking for an option to perform dynamic NAT which means that the device dynamically picks an address from the global address pool that is not currently assigned. Fortigate device have similar functionality and can be configured using central SNAT. Kindly check below link:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.0/administration-guide/421028/central-snat

Regards,

Parteek

RachelGomez123
Contributor

To configure dynamic NAT on a FortiGate to replace a Cisco ASA, follow these steps:

Configure the outside interface of the FortiGate with the appropriate IP address.

Create policy-based NAT rules for each line in the Cisco ASA configuration, specifying the source and destination addresses.

Set the NAT type to "Dynamic IP and Port" for source NAT and "Static IP" for destination NAT.

Configure a default route on the FortiGate to forward all traffic to the next hop.

Verify the configuration and test connectivity from the inside network to the outside network.

Refer to the FortiGate documentation for detailed instructions and specific command syntax.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

nithincs
Staff
Staff

Hi Imel,

I believe, you need to create ip pools for each nat ip address.

Later call the same in specific soucre and destination policy.

Please refer to 
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-configure-SNAT-with-IP-pool/ta-p/19...

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors