Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
NicholeKaligian
New Contributor

Creating multiple separate proxies

We currently have an unused Fortigate device, and would like to configure it to test how our software behaves through different types of proxies. To this end, I would need to be able to configure multiple, completely separate proxies on the device. 

• 1 without authentication
  • 1 with (anonymous) authentication
  • 1 with Kerberos authentication
  • 1 that allows only HTTP/2
  • 1 that doesn't allow HTTP/2

Ideally these would be accessed on 5 different IP's, which are all on the same physical interface (which is also the outgoing interface). I've create multiple interfaces (loopback) and gave them an IP, and then enabled the explicit proxy setting. But I cannot seem to be able to create a proxy policy and specify what it applies to (the 'enabled on' section is always fixed)? If there is a way to do this, please let me know how to go about this. 

1 Solution
distillednetwork
Contributor III

You could look at creating a vdom for each of the proxies tests you want to run.  Then to be able to use the same network in each vdom, take a look at enhanced mac vlan:

You can create an emac-vlan for each vdom based on the specific port:

config system interface
    edit port1.emacvlan1
        set vdom VDOM1
        set type emac-vlan
        set interface port1
    next
    edit port 1.emacvlan2
        set vdom VDOM2
        set type emac-vlan
        set interface port1
    next
    edit port1.emacvlan3
        set vdom VDOM3
        set type emac-vlan
        set interface port1
    next
end

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.0/cookbook/212317/enhanced-mac-vlans

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
distillednetwork
Contributor III

You could look at creating a vdom for each of the proxies tests you want to run.  Then to be able to use the same network in each vdom, take a look at enhanced mac vlan:

You can create an emac-vlan for each vdom based on the specific port:

config system interface
    edit port1.emacvlan1
        set vdom VDOM1
        set type emac-vlan
        set interface port1
    next
    edit port 1.emacvlan2
        set vdom VDOM2
        set type emac-vlan
        set interface port1
    next
    edit port1.emacvlan3
        set vdom VDOM3
        set type emac-vlan
        set interface port1
    next
end

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.0/cookbook/212317/enhanced-mac-vlans

NicholeKaligian
New Contributor

Looking at the CLI reference, it seems there's a command that should allow you to determine the source interface on a proxy policy, however this command isn't accepted on my device. Are vdom's really the only way to go about this? 

config srcintf  

CLI Reference | FortiGate / FortiOS 6.0.0 | Fortinet Documentation Library

distillednetwork
Contributor III

the srcintf is only an option when the proxy type is set to transparent-web instead of explicit-web

benisfroms
New Contributor

Ensure that your software can connect to the specified IP addresses corresponding to the various loopback interfaces. Carefully configure loopback interfaces, proxy policies, and NAT. Buy proxies will not be a problem for you this year. Check routing and make sure the Fortigate unit is configured to handle traffic from these loopback interfaces. If necessary, consider firewall policies to allow traffic between loopback interfaces.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors