Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Drakentar
New Contributor II

Recomendation for 130 user aprox.

Hello people, I hope you are well. I come from miklrotik and now I have to check out a residential (for older people). I see that it has a mikrotik 951, in the ARP table I see 111 entries, and in the DHCP server there are 132 records. It has a 1Gb drop and a 500M rise. What Fortinet Router can you recommend?

Tank You!!!

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi

For all routing features, no license is needed with any FortiGates.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
adambomb1219
SuperUser
SuperUser

Drakentar

Thank for that, here i found a 60E, it'll work?
The first that i search is the IPS Throughput. What another thing i have to search? 

Toshi_Esumi

The 60E has reached EOO(End of Order) Dec. 2021 and EOS(End of Support) in Dec. 2026. It would still work as a router but firmware updates wouldn't be available after that point, like for vulnerability fixes.

If no UTM/UTP features is necessary (you can't buy the license any more after EOO anyway) it would probably work fine for the capacity.

<edit>Unless you find/get a unit with active support license you wouldn't be able to get support either.</edit>

Toshi

Drakentar
New Contributor II

Apart from the device, do I have to pay for a license? I just need a Router

Toshi_Esumi

For all routing features, no license is needed with any FortiGates.

Toshi_Esumi

I just want to warn you that without the support, you can't download the latest available firmware. So if the particular firmware you get the unit with has some specific problems/bugs related to the routing features you need, you might not be able to solve the problem. The chances are not too high though.

Toshi

Drakentar

thank for that advice. It's important to me. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors