Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
micahawitt
New Contributor III

AP issues

Hi all, Currently i have a 60D-WIFI-POE 5.2.0 along with a 221B AP also running 5.2. I am not a wifi genuis, know enought o be dangerous, i seem to have issues where wifi clients will attach to the ap, yet after a few minutes can not communicate with them even though connected. Is there something with in the AP profile i should be doing? I cant really seem to find a best practice for AP along with local radios to handle both. Any input would be great. Thank you
13 REPLIES 13
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Take alook at this thread; https://forum.fortinet.com/FindPost/110051

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
micahawitt
New Contributor III

Forgive me... I have read this a few times now and i am not following, are you saying this is to new and i should wait? Or go down to 5.0.7?
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

We' ll need some more info on what problems you have and what your configuration is.
Nihas
New Contributor

Hi Micahawitt , I am also facing the exact issue with a FAP221B. For me, it is not a regular issue. but happens once in a two weeks at least. For other' s reference, the issue is all of a sudden all connected devices will stop communicating - means even if shows connected. And the particular moment if I check the ping to the gateway I will get more than 900ms times to get the reply and will have lot of timed out also..! I reboot the device whenever this occurs, and unfortunately I didn' t get chance to check the CPU/Memory usage of the device when the issue happened. And the logs didn' t say anything about the issue.. ! I had the issue in 5.0.7 and now few days back i have upgraded to 5.2 ,Since then I have not faced the issue. And , It happens only in one device, rest of the FAP221 B are flawless... :) Please help me to list the trouble shooting which I can perform next time when it happens. 1. Check the CPU /Memory usage 2. Check the VIDS - dia wireless-controller wlac -c vids 3. Disable back ground scan/WIDS and see 4. Check the logs in Fortigate. 5. Anything else???? Thanks NHS
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
Domm
New Contributor

I' m not sure if it' s the same thing I get. I have a Fortiwifi90 and one AP221. only 1 wifi so computers moving around will move from the AP to the fortiwifi if they get close to it. it' s working but in my test, the laptop I move close to the fortiwifi so it switch antenna is able to see internet but not able to ping anybody else from the network for about 3 or 4 minutes then everything is working fine again. I guess this is related to new connexion and network is not aware of the new location before the arp is redone but how to fix it or if it' s considerate a normal delay I don' t know. is it possible you have the same problem? I have 5.07 but tried 5.2 before on AP but same problem. I use the built in AP profiles from the fortiwifi. if I need to change something in the profile, please let me know.
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Domm, This is not normal behaviour, I suggest opening a support ticket to look at your configuration.
IT_HV
New Contributor

Hi, i got the same issues. Seems to be a problem with the default gw / dns server settings applied to the dhcp client. check the wifi interface settings and specify the default gw / dns server for dhcp Clients (not the option " same as Interface" ) that was my solution, just a Workaround, i know Chris
micahawitt
New Contributor III

Hi, i got the same issues. Seems to be a problem with the default gw / dns server settings applied to the dhcp client. check the wifi interface settings and specify the default gw / dns server for dhcp Clients (not the option " same as Interface" ) that was my solution, just a Workaround, i know Chris
Made this change and voila! things are cooking again, thank you!
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

This is not normal behaviour, I suggest opening a support ticket to look at your configuration.
As soon as TAC get' s enough of these case maybe and only maybe they will do something

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors