Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
xKHANx
New Contributor

60D and AT&T MIS DEC connection

Setup: 60D 5.0 & 7 & AT&T DEC on a Ciena switch AT&T has my connection information as: AT&T WAN = 12.252.X.33/30 Customer WAN = 12.252.X.34/30 Customer LAN IP = 12.216.X.64/28 I have been through numerous tickets and calls with Fortinet Support and no resolution in sight and am turning to the users for a last ditch effort. Situation: I need the 60D to act as a Gateway router between my AT&T connection and my other 40C' s that I currently have that run VPN/Email servers/Web servers etc. The 60D is to basically flow traffic through un-hindered to my other 40C' s that have public IPs/SIP/AV/VPN etc set up on them. In essence I need the 60D to act as a passthrough or a fixed port router to bridge the AT&T WAN(33), WAN1(34) and my Public IP subnet 12.216.X.64/28. What is currently taking place is I can attach a workstation directly to the 60D and browse the internet, ping/tracert sites, etc. as normal. BUT if I go to the 60Ds CLI and try and ping anything like 8.8.8.8 or even my web server the ping/tracert fails. If I am on my Comcast Business connection I cannot ping the AT&T IPs or any of my public IPs. The router will not register with Fortinet, says inaccessible, yet I can hook to it and browse the web... Perplexing. Fortinet support cannot seem to wrap their heads around the issue, even though it seems a very straight forward config. Any Ideas out there? I have ALL extra things turned off like AV, IPS, etc and only Advanced routing turned on. I have no static routes set up, and one Policy Route set up from " Internal to Wan1/0.0.0.0" which is the only way I can hook up and browse the web.
3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

What do you mean pass-thru ? That doesn' t make ay sense at all. you have a /30 that means 2 address yours and ATT router ( 34 + 33 ), with 12.252.x.33 being the default-gateway. Do you have a topology map of what' s the current setup? and what your trying to obtain ? Do you want the 40C to sit on 12.216.x.64/28 ? If so just give it and address in that subnet and define the mask /28 and next-hop gateway within that subnet. I see why fortinet support is perplex. I' m perplex also

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
xKHANx
New Contributor

Yeah, you would think it would be that easy wouldn' t you... Quick Topo In a nutshell: AT&T MIS Connection X.X.X.33/30 to 60D My Wan1 connection X.X.X.34/30 to 60D My Internal (LAN) connection X.X.X.64/28 to 40C #1 (68) 40C #2 (70) 2 other routers at .71 & .72 to 10.20.1.0 Internal Network
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

So Do 40C #1 & #2 have an address on the /28 ? ( yes or no ) network 10.20.1.0/XX is behind what device? We are assuming 60D is routed-nat mode

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors