Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Vijendra
New Contributor

Consumer gmail blocking in new on v5.0.7

Hi, We are using Google apps and all google features (Docs, Sheet, Hangout and so on) for our business mailing. We want to allow only corporate mail for our user and block all other gmail traffic. As i know for consumer gmail blocking, we need google traffic ssl interception and add domain name header on packet, to allow corporate mail. We came to know from Fortinet that there is an option in new forti os version 5.0.7, where we can define header and allow only corporate google traffic. But not documented in fortinet docs and site. I tried this header option in new OS, so I think we mai have to to configure proxy and add header. So i am getting header option under proxy setting (config web-proxy global) but cant get option where we can define string means header. If anyone faced this issue or configured the same, kindly let me know if its a right way or need to follow some other way. Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
pcraponi
Contributor II

FortiOS 5.2 will have a new feature that allow Google Apps and block all Gmail/Google services... FortiOS 5.2 will be released in next few days.... Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
FGTuser
New Contributor III

Yes, will be released...Anybody brave enough to put 5.2.0 in production? Maybe 5.2.8 after next 1.5 year will be production ready.
pcraponi
Contributor II

Fortinet has changed on 5.2 the way of work... Before this version (4.3, 5.0 and olders) they put new features even in patch release. So, the firmware took longer to be stable. Now in 5.2, the patch will be only for bug fix... So, this version should be stable earlier...

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
FGTuser
New Contributor III

Good to hear that. Others are using this approach for years, so good morning Fortinet
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors