Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
uearn
New Contributor II

Config SD-WAN FortiGate 61E

Hi,

I have a FortiGate 61E configured for SD-WAN, with WAN1 as an Internet broadband connection and WAN2 as an MPLS link. The company uses an internal web application, and I've configured the MPLS link for accessing the internal web. However, when the MPLS link goes down, I'm unable to use the broadband link to access the internal web via VPN to HQ. What should I do to resolve this issue?

1 REPLY 1
kaman
Staff
Staff

Hello Uearn,

To resolve the issue of being unable to access the internal web application via VPN to HQ when the MPLS link goes down in your FortiGate 61E SD-WAN setup, you can follow these steps:
1. **Configure SD-WAN Rules**

: - Go to Network > SD-WAN Rules.

- Create a new rule with the following settings: -

Name the rule appropriately.

- In the Destination > Addresses field, add the internal web application's IP address or range. - Select the dynamic connector for wan1 (broadband link).

- Configure other settings as required.

- Save the rule.

2. **Adjust Routing**:

- Ensure you have a default route for each interface.

- Set different distances for the two routes to prioritize the broadband link when the MPLS link is down.

- Check that the FortiGate routes traffic out of the broadband link when the MPLS link is unavailable.

3. **Verify Configuration**:

- Test the failover by simulating the MPLS link going down.

- Ensure that traffic is correctly routed through the broadband link to access the internal web application via VPN to HQ.

By configuring SD-WAN rules and adjusting routing settings in your FortiGate 61E, you can ensure seamless access to the internal web application even when the MPLS link is unavailable.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors