Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Dyop_Geop
New Contributor

5.0.9 upgrade causes mgmt GUI slow

GUI Mgmt is slowing down since the firmware upgrade from 5.0.7. The browser will show a " the operation timed out" after few mins of clicking around the GUI. Anyone encountered this? FG1000C with HA.
10 REPLIES 10
Istvan_Takacs_FTNT

I have just last weekend when I tried to upgrade a few hosts to the new 5.2 and everything I tried on the 60C eventually grinded to a halt and " HTTP error 400" message on the management interface. The CPU was constantly running on 100% with cmdbsrv and newcli processes fighting hard for resources. I had to downgrade to 5.0.9 and that fixed the issue. Strange that you have the same on the version I' m happily using since. Are those the same processes creating the problem on yours?
wcbenyip
New Contributor III

I am also using 5.0.9 for my FG200D in Active-Active HA, they are working properly with MGMT ports.
Protect yourself~ http://www.secunia.com MBCS CEH FCNSA
Protect yourself~ http://www.secunia.com MBCS CEH FCNSA
ZiPPy
New Contributor

Anybody see performance issues updating a FG-60D?
SecurityPlus
Contributor II

I just upgraded s new WiFi 60D to 5.0.9 from the factory firmware and the UP seems fine on this unit.
ZiPPy
New Contributor

Thanks SecurityPlus, I' ll go ahead and move forward with the upgrade. I' m always weary about upgrading to the latest version, as there could be performance issues or possible bugs with some features.
simonorch
Contributor

I' ve been working a lot with 5.2 recently and i have noticed quite a performance difference in the gui between browser versions. at the moment ie11 seems to be better. Chrome has a few bugs handling the gui

NSE8
Fortinet Expert partner - Norway

NSE8Fortinet Expert partner - Norway
Jordan_Thompson_FTNT

Chrome has a few bugs handling the gui
Can you elaborate on what the bugs are?
ZiPPy
New Contributor

I' ve noticed that in the past too, that IE seems to handle the GUI better. Which sucks because I don' t like to use IE. Good to know simonorch. Thanks.
ZiPPy
New Contributor

Yea, I' d be interested to know the bugs too. I need to try it on the latest Firefox, and see how that runs.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors