Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pmullins
New Contributor

60B dyndns question

Hi there all, gear used is a 60B with a modem in bridge mode supplying the local network at home on an ADSL service DHCPed. The connection works fine, all services from the protected side go out and do their thing. BUT the problem is the dam ADSL service is a rolling network IP, all depends on the ISPs' DHCP time out or line faults that drop out the line, lucky me. I have the DYNDNS area setup with a paid service, now every thing works fine up to the IP change, the DYNDNS service does it thing, but the IP numbers with in the rules for port forwarding do not, they stay at what they where before. Now is there anyway of setting up the 60B it has firmware version v4.0,build0346,120606 (MR2 Patch 12) installed. I do not what to throw more money at the ADSL service as one day we should be getting an upgrade (har har) and going to a static address is very costly why, don' t ask. I look forward to any ideas or criticisms and I hope I have not offended anybody. Cheers Paul
2 REPLIES 2
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Paul, and welcome to the forums. The FortiOS notation for ' any IP' is ' 0.0.0.0' . You can use that placeholder at the ' external IP address' in a VIP from WAN to ' internal' . I am using a 60B on a (V)DSL line behind a bridge mode modem, just like your setup. At least once in 24 hours the line is cut by the ISP. My DynDNS service is paid and very, very quick to update after a new IP is assigned (usually within one minute). Used to use the free service which took ages to update. Hope this helps. If you still have a valid contract please update to 4.3.17 to get more stability and bug fixes. Altough I don' t know about any bugs in the DHCP client or PPPoE client code in FOS 4.3.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Baptiste
Contributor II

Hello, Don' t know if in v4 it exist : Fortiguard DDNS I activate for test only, I don' t know if it' s reliable in your case

2 FGT 100D  + FTK200

3 FGT 60E  FAZ VM  some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E

2 FGT 100D + FTK200 3 FGT 60E FAZ VM some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors