Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fortinetuser2020
New Contributor

port 80 being blocked for all sorts of destinations, even that it's allowed on policy

look at this 

i have 1000's of these blocks for many diferent destinations with many dieferent sources on my network

the one thing they all have in common, they have no session id

why is that?

11 REPLIES 11
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

one of the ISP's IP's in the pool

What do you mean one of the IP's in the pool? A dirty forward is  indication something is out of wack. Also if you  look at the  id 3251/3253, it's a duplicate  ( same  items appears again ) that looks out of wack also.

And yes on the FIN it's a FIN-ack  but again a topolgy lay out for what you have would be helpful. Something is not being relayed to explain  the dirty-forward.

Fortinet also has a KB out on one cause that relies on tcp-half-close, you might want to  read&  explore that,  but  I would look at your cli cmd  show full firewall policy <id#> and check if you have ant custom-service built for port-80 and something weird set

reference this KB

http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/viewContent.do?externalId=FD36021&sliceId=1

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

And FWIW here's  a better example of the same and with option to extend the tcp-haf-close timer sys global  or fwpolicy

http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/viewContent.do?externalId=FD36429

FWIW , the firewall policy method trumps the sys global setting

Here's a v5.2.11 global settings;

FGT60DSOC (global) # show full sys global  | grep tcp     set reset-sessionless-tcp disable     set tcp-halfclose-timer 120     set tcp-halfopen-timer 10     set tcp-option enable     set tcp-timewait-timer 1

The custom  service tcp-close count should be "0" which means to use the system global setting.

I hope that helps.

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors