Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jerri
New Contributor

no log using FortiGate-60D v5.0,build4162,130326 (GA)

Dear All, i' m using FortiGate-60D v5.0,build4162,130326 (GA) but in the log menu, there is no logs at all, for forward traffic, invalid traffic, utm traffic. FYi: I already check the logging, in the firewall policy. Can anyone help me? thanks, Jerri
13 REPLIES 13
jerri
New Contributor

rig location to be correctly.
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Yes, of course you can. IMHO your setup is not so worked on that it would warrant a complete from-the-scratch workover. Please READ the Release Notes beforehand. So simple, so often ignored. All of them! The Official Upgrade Steps recommendation is (http://docs.fortinet.com/d/supported-upgrade-paths-1): from 5.0 GA -> 5.0.2 -> 5.0.3 -> 5.0.4 -> 5.0.6 Quite an orgy. But I would follow these steps, 5.0.x has been a bit bumpy inbetween...
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
AndreaSoliva
Contributor III

Hi the upgrade path is the way to go of course. In your special circumstances it is not 100% given even " it should work" because you are using a Branche Release. Which means not an official one. If a upgrade/patch is used on a FortiGate some scripts are running in the background to bring some CLI container up to date etc. What happens if you use a Branche Release for upgrade I do not 100% now. Officially from Forti they say yes it works :-) If you go to upgrade please follow the Upgrade Path. If you would like to go the absolutly saves way....please stage new and do the configuration from scratch. I can not say one time more: If you receive whatever device with whatever software running. Stage ALLWAYS the FortiGate from scratch new. !!!!!!!! YOU ARE DECIDING WHICH RELEASE YOU WOULD LIKE TO RUNG NOT FORTI !!!!!!!!! Hopefully helps. have fun Andrea
PaulM1114
New Contributor III

Since you are managing devices very far away I' d recommend remotely accessible out-of-band management to the console port as well as access to a server running TFTP on the local (port1) LAN just in case something goes wrong during the upgrade (could save you $$ in the long run.)
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors