Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

new Fortigate registered but status shows " unregistered"

I got a new FG-60C Bundle (1 year, all subscriptions) here a couple of days ago which I' ve registered with Fortinet before delivering. Then my customer connected it and it works fine. AV updates, push updates all work OK. Only the Registration status in (running FortiOS 4.2.10) " System>Maintenance>FortiGuard" , heading " Support Contract" shows " Not Registered" . I' ve told him to wait for a few hours but that didn' t change it, neither reboots. Any ideas why this has happened? What can I do about it? TIA!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
3 REPLIES 3
Matthijs
New Contributor II

Login to the CLI and execute this command:
 execute update-now

FortiRack_Eric
New Contributor III

better to proceed this command with diag deb enable diag deb app update -1 and then exec update-now you will be able to see what goes right (or wrong)

Rackmount your Fortinet --> http://www.rackmount.it/fortirack

Rackmount your Fortinet --> http://www.rackmount.it/fortirack
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Thanks for the suggestions. I ran the update request and the debug log looked OK except for this line: " 2012-03-01 16:50:55 upd_status_api.c[675] upd_status_extract_contract_info-pending registration(255) support acct()" In the meantime I' ve solved the issue. I had already opened a support call with Fortinet but with the status being " unassigned" after 24 hours I decided to handle it myself. The FGT was delivered with build 5849 which corresponds to 4.2.8 build 328. I upgraded to 4.2.10 build 338 and after a manual request for AV updates the registration was finally acknowledged. Another unit with the same firmware build 5849 did not show this problem. Thanks for helping, Matthijs and Eric!
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors