Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
user1210
New Contributor

specify network adapter

I am using FortiClient SSLVPN v4.0.2148 on Win7 32 bit. My laptop is not on the company domain (and I want it to stay that way) but I still want to connect to the exchanger server to get emails. Before we starting using FortiClient I was able to vpn from inside the office, using a wired network adapter, and connect to the exchange server. However FortiClient does not allow this or I do not have it setup properly. As a workaround, I disable my wired adapter and then use FortiClient over the company wireless network and then re-enable my wired adapter. After that I stay connected to exchange and my wired network is available for VMware virtual machines. So my questions is: Is it possible to specify which network adapter FortiClient is to use? Thanks in advance for any help!
2 REPLIES 2
L_FTNT
Staff
Staff

I don' t think FortiClient SSLVPN has the capability to let you to specify which network adapter to use. L.C
Ling Lu
veechee
New Contributor

Which NIC is used is a Windows system-level function so SSL VPN can' t control it. You could try to adjust the NIC binding order on your laptop to make the wireless the highest priority. See this blog post on how to adjust the order: http://blog.mpecsinc.ca/2012/01/slow-network-speeds-with-sbs-2008-and.html.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors