Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Firewall and iphone iCloud mail service

Hi! I have a question about issue after iphone iOS 5 update and Fortigate Firewall. iCloud me mail doesn' t connect to server. I receive this error message into iPhone mailbox: Cannot Get Mail The connection to the server failed. Account works fine outside LAN and using Mobile Internet. Can you help me?
4 REPLIES 4
veechee
New Contributor

How much do you restrict the ports your devices are allowed to access? Port 80 and 443 are not enough for MobileMe/iCloud to work. Apple has good documentation on what ports all their various services need here: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1629. I have worked through that document and set-up custom services for each that I want to allow so that I can easily add them to service groups to assign to firewall policies. Here' s a screen cap of some of the services I have defined. I haven' t updated it in a year and the Apple document has been updated just a few months ago, so my example is not necessarily all that is required for the new iCloud. A couple that I' m sure it needs are SMTPT and XMPP.
Not applicable

In my config all outbound traffic is allowed for all ports (LAN to WAN)... I don' t understand...
rwilson
New Contributor

I' m seeing the same thing. If all UTM features are turned off in the policy, it works. I' m not sure which UTM feature is causing the problem.
IT Stuff
IT Stuff
Nick_Kaihoi
New Contributor

Anyone find a solution to this? I also have all outbound traffic allowed except for SMTP (excluding our mail server). UTM is enabled for application control and very low level antivirus, screenshot attached for application control. Running V4 MR3 Patch 5
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors