Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jamestiberius
New Contributor II

fortianalyzer reports not showing internet bandwidth usage on web usage report

running the web usage report I get information on top 10 online users (although it shows by IP address), and top 10 categories, top 50 sites by browsing time, but all internet bandwidth usage reports are blank, show "no matching log data for this report"

the top 20 bandwidth users, top 20 categories, most blocked, most blocked users, so on and so forth are all empty.

what would cause only these reports to be blank?

fortianalyzer is running 5.2.2, as are all my fortinet firewalls.

4 REPLIES 4
hzhao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi there, the empty charts are using webfilter logs, please check your webfilter profile on FGT, enable FortiGuard Categories and change "Allow" to "Monitor", then you will be able to see webfilter logs on FAZ. Please also make sure you have enough quota on FAZ, since webfilter logs is a lot more than traffic logs when you browse internet.

Regards,

hz 

jamestiberius

well, it used to work with our webfilter profile on Allow, but I just changed it to Monitor.  should see soon if that fixes it.

we did upgrade from 5.0.6 all the way to 5.2.2 a month ago, could that be responsible for needing the webfitler change?

hzhao_FTNT

Please go to FortiView->Log View->Security->Web Filter and check for web filter logs. If it was  "Monitor" in your FGT 5.0.6 webfilter profile, but changed to "Allow" after upgrade, I think you can open a ticket for this issue.

jamestiberius

still not getting the user names on reports.

but if I go to Fortiview and Top Sources, I see under Source the people icon, and it has the Ip address and in parentheses the username of the person, and als under device, their laptop or PC name.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors